Watra Care is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Although you may not be an employee or customer of Watra Care, we may hold your personal information because of your relationship with either a customer of Watra Care or an employee, who has nominated you as either next of kin or their emergency contact. This Data Protection Promise describes how we collect and use personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
Who are we and why do we need to process your personal information?
Watra Care is a data controller of your personal information. Personal information means information that is about you or contains enough data in which we can identify you.We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used in a transparent way and fairly and should be used lawfully.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Kept Secure and up to date.Accurate and kept only as long as required for the purposes explained.
For emergency contact details and next of kin details, the Watra Care has a legitimate interest in processing this personal data throughout the employment of an individual, and for the duration of a care package being in place for a customer. Processing this information allows the Watra Care to maintain accurate and up-to-date employment records, care records and contact details (specifically details of who to contact in the event of an emergency).
What kind of information we collect?
If you are enquiring about the services which we offer and complete the enquiry form, we record the following information about you and/or the individual who may be requiring our services:
Name and surname;
– Contact details such as email address, telephone number; postal address including postcode;
– The relationship of the individual completing the enquiry form to the potential recipient of our services;
– Any requirements of the potential recipient of the services including any medical and/or health conditions;
– Brief details of any other individual or pet residing at the address where services are required (e.g. relationship to the individual requiring the services and age).
Watra Care will only collect and process information in relation to you as a nominated emergency contact or next of kin by either an employee of the Watra Care, or a customer of the Watra Care.
Who has access and how do we protect your information?
This information is securely stored either in a paperless filing system that is password protected and kept on a secure server, or where we use paper records,in a locked filing cabinet, in a lockable room. Access is restricted to only those who need it and will only be accessed at times deemed to be an emergency.
We will decide on a case by case basis what constitutes an emergency.
We have internal policies that strictly control how we manage your personal information. The Watra Care will not under any circumstances transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area.
How long will we keep your information?
The Watra Care will hold your personal information for as long as either the individual is employed, or a care package is in place, or we are informed otherwise, either by the data subject themselves (you) or the employee or customer. As a data subject, you have several rights under data protection regulation. These include:
- You are able to access all the personal information we hold about you,
- You are able to request we change information where it is either incorrect or incomplete,
- You are able to request we delete or stop processing your data, including the right to be forgotten,
- You are able to object to the grounds of us processing your information, which we do so under ‘legitimate interest’.